MI-LEND is Recruiting Families of Children with Disabilities!
The Michigan Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (MI-LEND) is collaborating with the Family Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (Family Center) to recruit families who want to help train MI-LEND trainees to improve their ability to understand the unique needs of families who have children with disabilities.
We are seeking families within 30 minutes of the following universities:
- Central Michigan University
- Michigan State University
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Wayne State University
- Western Michigan University
Your family’s knowledge and experiences will help prepare the professionals and physicians of tomorrow!
- Have a child with a disability under the age of 26
- Trainees will provide two home visits with your family
- Have 45 minutes to 1 hour for 2 meetings
- Trainees will faciliate one phone or Skype call with your family
For participating, you will receive:
- A $75.00 Gift Card upon completion of all program-related activities
- A confidential family quality of life assessment
- Information about resources to assist your family
- Children will receive a small gift for participating
If you are interested in participating in this project please contact:
Lisa Huckleberry at email@example.com or call 517-335-04074.
Please give your name, address, telephone number, email address and age of your child.