MI-LEND Trainee Accomplishments
Spotlight on Former Trainees
Publications and Professional Work
- Smith, M.J. (Contributions from former MI-LEND Trainee K. Sherwood). (2022). 2022 Report: Virtual Job Interview Training in Special Education.
- Munzer, T., Miller, A., Yeo, S., Wang, Y., McCaffery, H., Kaciroti, N., & Radesky, J. (2021). Parent Verbalizations and Toddler Responses With Touchscreen Tablet Nursery Rhyme Apps. Pediatrics, 148(6). https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2021-049964
- Smith, M. J., Sherwood, K., Blajeski, S., Ross, B., Smith, J. D., Jordan, N., Dawalt, L., Bishop, L., & Atkins, M. S. (2021). Job Interview and Vocational Outcomes Among Transition-Age Youth Receiving Special Education Pre-Employment Transition Services. Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 59 (5), 405-421.
- Bray, M., Turner, J., Jones S., Miah, T., & Milberger, S. (2021). Developing workforce skills and capacity in telehealth: what LEND trainees need to know. Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Journal. Submitted for publication.
- Smith, M. J., Sherwood, K., Ross, B., Smith, J.D., Dewalt, L., Bishop, L., Humm, L., Elkins, J., & Steacy, C. (2021). Virtual interview training for autistic transition age youth: A randomized controlled feasibility and effectiveness trial. Autism, 25(6), 1536-1552.
- Pesch, M., Julian, M., & Munzer, T. (2020). Reflections on Children with Developmental and Behavioral Challenges Who Are Thriving While Sheltering in Place. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 37(1). 62-70. doi: 10.1097/DBP.0000000000000236
- Sherwood, K., Smith, M.J., Johnson, J., Ross, B., Trautwein, A., Landau, M., & Hume, K. (In preparation). Implementation strategies in transition services: Practical lessons from virtual and classroom delivery of virtual interview training for transition-age youth.
- Smith, M. J., Pinto, R. M., Dawalt, L., Smith, J. D., Sherwood, K., Miles, R., Taylor, J., Hume, K., Dawkins, T., Baker-Ericzen, M., Frazier, T., Humm, L., & Steacy, C. (2020). Using community-engaged methods to adapt virtual reality job interview training for transition-age youth on the autism spectrum. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorder, 71, 101498.
- Smith, M. J., Smith, J. D., Jordan, N., Sherwood, K., McRobert, E., Ross, B., Oulvey, E. A., Atkins, M. S. (2020). Virtual reality job interview training in transition services: Results of a single-arm non-controlled effectiveness-implementation Hybrid Trial. Journal of Special Education Technology, 36(1), 3–17.
- Munzer, T., Miller, A., Wang, Y., Kaciroti, N., & Radesky, J. (2020). Tablets, toddlers, and tantrums: The immediate effects of tablet device play. Acta Paediatrica. 110(1). 255-256. https://doi.org/10.1111/apa.15509
- Hasson, R., Wu, I., & Fine, J. (2019). Clinical utility of the WASI-II and its association with acculturation levels among Arab American adolescent males. Applied Neuropsychology: Child, 8(4), 295-306. https://doi.org/10.1080/21622965.2018.1442219
Leadership and Impact on Maternal and Child Health
- The populations of people that they are serving (e.g. children with disabilities, underserved individuals).
- Leadership roles and opportunities they may be taking part in.
- Whether or not they are working with interdisciplinary teams to serve MCH populations.
All former trainees are sent surveys. The table below represents the former trainees that responded to the survey at 2 and 5-years after training was concluded.
|Response Topic||2-year Responses||5-year Responses|
|Trainees who are working with the maternal and child health (MCH) population after completing MI-LEND.||94% (n=29)||67% (n=6)|
|Trainees that work in an interdisciplinary manner to serve the MCH or disability populations.||100% (n=42)||100% (n=6)|
|Percent of former MI-LEND long-term trainees that demonstrate leadership in at least one leadership domain.||87% (n=42)||100% (n=6)|
Learn More About MI-LEND Training
Would you or someone you know like to learn more about MI-LEND or how to apply to be a trainee? If so, please visit https://ddi.wayne.edu/lendtraining or contact the MI-LEND training Director Michael Bray - firstname.lastname@example.org.