Associate Director for Dissemination and Technology
- Northern Michigan University, Bachelor of Science, Psychology, December, 1999
- Wayne State University, Master of Arts, May, 2004, Developmental Psychology
- Wayne State University, Education Specialist (Ed.S.), August, 2016, Instructional Technology & Design
I am an instructional designer, researcher, and data analyst that has worked in the developmental disability field since 2003. My primary area of interest lies in the design and implementation of inclusive, accessible learning environments that enable diverse adult learners to develop new skills and knowledge. My approach to instruction and design is rooted in constructivist theory, taking into consideration the importance of the experiences and unique abilities that learners bring to the learning environment. I regularly utilize the concepts and tools of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) to enhance access to courses and training. I believe that all individuals are capable of succeeding in higher education. With the appropriate supports and tools, learners with and without disabilities can share the classroom and create rich, unique learning experiences.
I have been the MI-LEND Training Director since 2017. Michigan Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (MI-LEND) is an interdisciplinary leadership training program, funded under the Autism Collaboration, Accountability, Research, Education, and Support (CARES) Act, and administered by the Health Resources and Service's Administration's (HRSA) Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB). The MI-LEND program trains emerging leaders with the goal of improving the health of infants, children, and adolescents with or at risk for neurodevelopmental disabilities and other related health care needs. MI-LEND is a collaborative effort of 6 universities: Central Michigan University, Michigan State University, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, University of Michigan-Dearborn, Western Michigan University, and Wayne State University as the lead organization.
Professional Memberships & Honors
- 2017-Present: Interdisciplinary Technical Assistance Center (ITAC) on Autism and Developmental Disabilities Project Advisory Committee (2-year term)
- 2012-2015: Wayne County Turn Around Project Board
- 2011-2015: Frontline Initiative Editorial Board
- 2008-2010: Association for Psychological Science
- 2005-2008: American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- 2004-2006: American Psychological Society
- 2003-2015: National Alliance of Direct Support Professionals, State Contact