Community Support & Training
MI-DDI's community support and training activities are offered throughout the state of Michigan. These services are designed to inform and support individuals with disabilities, family members, various professionals and support staff, school personnel at all levels, human service agencies, advocates, and policy makers. MI-DDI's philosophy is to include all stakeholders in the analysis and decision-making process, including the full participation of individuals with disabilities and members of their families.
Community Support activities include:
- Assisting organizations with long-term planning while maintaining a person-centered approach
- Facilitating planning meetings and retreats for organizations
- Analysis of existing policies and practices
- Assisting organizations in developing innovative, person-focused services
- Teaching and training professional and paraprofessional staff on many topics
- Legislative analysis
- Contributing to widespread reform and improvements of policies and practices that affect individuals with disabilities
MI-DDI offers a wide variety of training topics. We can also work with you or your organization to develop custom training to meet your needs. MI-DDI staff have many different areas of expertise and have lead training across Michigan, nationally, and internationally. If you are interested in having MI-DDI lead or design a single training, series of training events, or a full curriculum, please complete the MI-DDI Training Request Form by clicking on the link below.