Individual & Family Training
MI-DDI offers training in a variety of topic areas related to individual and family experiences. Please feel free to complete the MI-DDI Training Request form if you are interested in learning more or scheduling training for you or your organization.
Emergency Preparedness Training for Persons with Disabilities, Care Takers, and Family Members
- Being prepared for emergencies such as fires and natural disasters can be the difference bewteen life and death.
- This preparedness is essential for individuals with disabilities, their families, and their caretakers.
- This training provides information and tools that can be put into place to aid individuals with disabilities in times of emergency.
Engaging Ethnic Minority Families of Children with Disabilities (Spanish & English)
- Topics that are trained in this area include:
- Special Education Law
- Least Restrictive Environment-LRE
- An Introduction to the Individualized Education Program (IEP) Transition
- Working with Multicultural Families with Disabilities
Independent Facilitation for the Person-Centered Planning Process
- Training that prepares Independent Facilitators to engage in the Person-Centered Planning process.
- General Awareness of Independent Facilitation for Person-Centered Planning.
- Please visit the Independent Facilitation page to learn more.
Plain Language Training Module: An Introduction
- This web-based training provides an intriduction to writing in "Plain Language".
- It is meant for professionals, and anyone else who writes or creates materials for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- You can complete this self-paced training anytime by clicking the link below:
Postsecondary Education for Students with Disabilities
- Navigating disability accommodations at a college or university
- Postsecondary Education options and strategies for students with disabilities
- Supporting students with disabilities inside and outside of the classroom
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
Self-Determination & Person Centered Planning Training
- Self-Determination: Getting a Good Life
- Advancing Self-Determination Through Peer-to-Peer Supports Person Centered Planning (Two-Part Training)
- Self-Determination and Person-Centered Planning: Building a Successful Future for People with Disabilities
- Family Support Navigator Training Community Liaison: Parent Mentor Training
- What You Should Know About Community Living (Transition from Group Homes)
- Steps to Becoming an Effective Advocate
- Leaders in Policy Advocacy: Self-Determination
- Evidence-based Family Support Practices
- Self-Advocacy Training
Other Presentation Topics:
- The Role of Siblings of Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- Creating a Good Life: Transition for Young Adults with Disabilities