Information & Education
The Michigan Developmental Disabilities Institute (MI-DDI) has developed a series of information and education materials about Michigan's Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Transition. These materials are designed to inform individuals with disabilities (waiver beneficiaries) who receive community mental health services and their families about the HCBS Rule.
- 1915 B Survey FAQ- Updated 08/2017
- 1915 C Survey FAQ (Habilitation Supports Waiver)- Updated 11/2016
- HCBS and Michigan National Core Indicators Surveys - Information Table and Memo- Updated 8/2017
Please Note: In order to download the materials listed below you will first be asked to provide your contact information. Once your information is entered you will be redirected to the material.
- Home and Community Based Services Rule Factsheet
- Beneficiary Booklet
- Beneficiary PowerPoint Slides
- Family PowerPoint Slides
- Heightened Scrutiny- Updated 01/2018
- Heightened Scrutiny (Large Print)-Updated 01/2018
- Michigan PIHP Regional Map
- Webinar Handouts, Michigan Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Transition Project - Information and Education Materials (October 5th and 12th, 2016)
- Webinar Handouts, Michigan Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Transition Project - Habilitation Supports Waiver (HSW) Final Results (January 24th and 26th, 2018)
Presenter notes are available for each PowerPoint presentation listed above. The presenter notes help to ensure consistency of information across presentations. Pre-Paid Inpatient Health Plans (PIHPs), Community Mental Health Services Programs (CMHSPs), and advocacy organizations who support individuals with disabilities can request these materials by contacting Angela Martin at Angela.Martin@wayne.edu.
The HCBS Transition Project's Information and Education materials are copyrighted by MI-DDI at Wayne State University. Altering, changing, or modifying these documents without MI-DDI's permission is prohibited.