MI-DDI COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence Initiative
COVID-19 impacts all communities, including the over 61 million Americans who have disabilities. Approximately one in four Americans has a disability, yet current vaccination efforts do not consistently include them. MI-DDI is one of 23 Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) network centers strategically located across the country to reach local disability communities, reduce access barriers and promote vaccine confidence. The goal is to vaccinate all eligible people with disabilities by the anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) on July 26.
MI-DDI's mission is to contribute to the development of inclusive communities and quality of life for people with disabilities and their families through a culturally sensitive, statewide program of training and education, community support and services, research, and sharing of information. COVID-19 Vaccine Access and Confidence for People with Disabilities is made possible through a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Learn more at: https://nationalcenterdph.org/vaccineconfidence/.
Plain Language Infographics (English)
- People with Disabilities and COVID-19
- Protecting Yourself Against COVID-19 Protects Everyone
- Protect Yourself, Protect Others
- Safety and Effectiveness of COVID-19 Vaccines
- Stay Safe Until You are Fully Vaccinated from COVID-19
- Why are COVID-19 Vaccines Important?
Plain Language Infographics (Bangla)
Plain Language Infographics (Korean)
Plain Language Infographics (Spanish)
- Las Personas con Discapacidades y el COVID-19
- Protégete, y así protegerá a los demás también
- Protegerse contra el COVID-19 protege a todos
- ¿Por qué son importantes las vacunas COVID-19?
- Manténgase seguro hasta que esté completamente vacunado contra COVID-19
- Seguridad y Eficacia de las Vacunas COVID-19
Plain Language Infographics (Traditional Chinese)
- Addressing COVID-19 Vaccine Access and Confidence Among People with Disabilities from the Association of University Centers on Disabilities
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Women - Myths vs. Truth Webinar from the Georgia Department of Public Health
- Press release (May 19, 2021): Wayne State University's MI-DDI launches COVID-19 vaccine confidence initiative to #VaccinateByADA
Find a COVID-19 Vaccine Near You