Now, more than ever, self-care is one of the most important types of care. Check out our compilation of resources to use while self-distancing.
Getting adequate sleep and rest, exercise, stretching, drinking water, and eating nourishing foods are all a part of maintaining physical wellbeing.
- 12 Family Meals Using Your Pantry Staples
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics: Healthy Eating Recipes
- Detroit Free Press/TCF Bank Marathon: Home Workouts for Runners
- Resource for quick workouts
- HuffPost: How to Prioritize Your Pantry Cooking and Make Food Last Longer
- NBC: Stuck at home and stress eating? Get back on track!
- Ulliance Wellness Newsletter
- How to Eat Healthy While Working From Home
- How to Prioritize Your Pantry Cooking and Make Food Last Longer
- The Best Foods to Boost Your Immune System
- Healthy Frozen Foods To Stock Up On, According To Nutritionists
- How to Sleep Better if Coronavirus Anxiety is Keeping You Awake
- Feel Good in Your Body
- How To Make Your Own Disinfectants
- Running Outside During Coronavirus? Here's How to Do it Safely
- Online Classes You Can Do From Home
- How to Defrost Frozen Meat Safely
- Here Are a Few Things to Feel Optimistic About Right Now
- Is It Safe to Buy Food at the Farmers Market During the Coronavirus Pandemic?
- Experts Predict How Coronavirus Will Change Gyms and Workout Classes
- How to Make Your Children Feel Safe During Difficult Times
- Before You Start Riding a Bike in a City, Read These 9 Tips from Cyclists
- How to Assess Your Coronavirus Risk Before Doing an Activity
- 9 Easy Ways to Eat Less Meat This Summer
- 4 Positive Ways the Pandemic Has Changes How We Eat
- 6 Easy Ways to Organize Your Kitchen That'll Make Cooking Less Stressful
- You Can Still Burn Out While Working at Home
- Young Athletes at Home: Inclusive Play
It's more than staying positive during difficult times! Practice mindfulness and positive affirmations, read, and limit the media content that you consume to promote mental wellbeing.
- American Psychological Association: Five Ways to View the Coronavirus
- CDC: Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- Center for Healthy Minds: University of Wisconsin-Madison - Wellbeing Articles & Audio Recordings
- Living with Worry and Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainity
- Mental Health & Respite
- From the Autism Society
- New York Public Library
- Access the library's digital resources 24/7
- Tara Brach: Pandemic Care Resources
- Scientific American Podcast: COVID-19 - Dealing with Social Distancing
- Ways to Prioritize Wellbeing in Uncertain Times
Set healthy boundaries and spend time (virtually!) with loved ones. Explore art, music, and cultures from around the world to practice emotional self-care.
- Being a Good Neighbor During COVID-19
- Chamber Music Society of the Lincoln Center (New York City)
- Live streams and recordings
- Google Arts & Culture: Take a Virtual Tour
- Help Our Community During COVID-19
- Ideas for Activities While Sheltering in Place
- Ken Burns in the Classroom (PMS LearningMedia)
- Select full length films available until June 30th, including The Civil War, The Dust Bowl, The War, The Roosevelts, Jazz, College Behind Bars, and The National Parks.
- The Metropolitan Opera
- Nightly opera stream
- Michigan Coronavirus Volunteer Opportunities
- NPR: Virtual Concerts to Watch
- Sproutflix Virtual Film Festival
- Collection of films exclusively featuring people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
Meditation, prayer, and spending time in nature can promote our spiritual wellbeing.
- Sierra Club: The Outdoors Can Be an Antidote to Quarantine Anxiety
- St. Patrick's Cathedral (New York City)
- Live daily and weekend masses
- Ten Percent Happier: Coronavirus Sanity Guide
- Ten Percent Happier: Live Guided Meditation + A Virtual Break from Social Distancing
- Weekdays at 3PM EST
- Travel and Leisure: Virtual Tours of Five National Parks