Independent Facilitation Training
Register now for Independent Facilitator Training:
September 29 & 30, 2020
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. each day
|Flyer||Register for virtual training on September 29 & 30|
October 19, 20, 21, & 22, 2020
|1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. each day||Flyer||Register for virtual training on October 19, 20, 21, & 22|
The Michigan Developmental Disabilities Institute offers training to prepare individuals to serve as Independent Facilitators.
Independent facilitation is part of the person-centered planning process. It assures you that you have an ally in directing your person-centered planning meeting.
What does an Independent Facilitator do?
- Conduct a pre-meeting with the consumer to identify individual needs and strengths
- Organize a fun, yet productive, meeting
- Record information in an understandable, concise format
- Ask probing, yet sensitive open-ended questions
- Encourage brainstorming, problem-solving, and action steps
- Facilitate conflict resolution
- Assist in locating resources
- Facilitate activities and develop action steps
- Use person-centered planning tools to facilitate the planning process
Independent Facilitation Infographic
If you would like to learn more about how independent facilitation works in the person-centered planning process, please click the link below to view and download an infographic in PDF format outlining the process:
How to Find an Independent Facilitator Near You
If you would like to find a trained indepedent facilitator near where you live, please visit the webpage linked below. You can browse independent facilitators by the county in which they live and work.
- Independent Facilitation Training FAQ
- MI-DDI's Independent Facilitation (IF) Infographic
- Detailed Listing of Michigan's PIHPs
- Color Map of Michigan's PIHPs